So, my cell phone was having issues-since I was still under warranty I was able to get another one shipped to me on the condition that I send my messed up one in-no problem. So the UPS guy came yesterday but no one was home and that left the package at the UPS “plant”. Jocelyn had told me of her travels there a few weeks ago and it seemed quite intimidating so I asked her to go with me for some guidance. I picked her up and we were on our way. First of all she told me to pull in the wrong driveway-there are about 3 different entryways-guess she didn’t see the UPS Vehicles Only sign-but we solved that problem by turning around. We finally get into the UPS pick-up place after all that. We go into the little pick-up area and get swarmed by 3 guys-“Do you need some help?” so I hand them my slip & and they get to work finding my package-it was just a strange atmosphere so we were laughing and both dying to get out of there. We hear the guy in the back repeating my name to someone else and he sounds way funny-almost like he is drunk or something weird-that makes us both laugh inside. Now Jocelyn had told me of her funny experience there last time & I remembered it quite well-it had cracked me up. This guy comes over& has this whole speech about where to pick up my package-“Now you go straight out the way you came, back a right on Lombard Rd and then another right into the next driveway. There will be a sign that says UPS Vehicles Only-Disregard that sign. Go to the guardshack & present your piece of paper” So, in my mind I am thinking of Jocelyn & as this guy starts talking I start laughing so hard, but I had to hold it in-I am sure I had the weirdest look on my face-The speech seemed to take forever and finally we started to walk out the door so I started pushing Jocelyn because I was starting to laugh so hard & didn’t want to laugh inside there-it was a riot. So we followed the directions-well, I didn’t even remember what he said-I was laughing-luckily Jocelyn knew where to go. We got the package from ONE OF THE HOTTEST UPS GUYS EVER! Wow..that made the trip worth it. So now I have my new phone-lets re-phrase that-I have a new phone, but the same model-which is annoying-oh well.
The above story may not be as funny to you, you had to be there-but we were cracking up the whole way home..
No comments:
Post a Comment