so..CERT class was quite interesting tonight....below is the entry from Jocelyns blog..she worded it all quite well...
ok... had to blog early about today because of the CRAZY stuff that happened at CERT training tonight.... ok... for those of you who do not know cert stands for: Community Emergency Response Team... which means in case of an emergency or disaster of some kind CERT members are trained to respond.
Well, tonight's training was at the Winfeild fire house where we learned about fire/haz mat safety and fire supression INCLUDING practice putting out fires. As you can no doubt guess, this was going to be a funny evening for me and my "buddy" christy.
During the portion of the training when we actually had to put out the fires, you and your buddy have to move forward together (one holding the other's belt) and the other walking toward the fire getting ready to extinguish it. After the fire is "surpressed" you back out. Well, apparently as you move toward and away from the fire you are supposed to say "MOVING FORWARD" and "BACKING OUT" well, apparently to these two old HAGS who have some form of unspecified leadership of our CERT class Christy and I did not say these commands loud enough for them (maybe their hearing aids weren't turned up.)
SO... after Christy and I (dressed oh so stylishly in our neon green hard hats, reflective vests, goggles and masks) successfully put out our fire and backed out of the "fire zone" I set down the extinguisher and Christy and I high -fived. At which point we were accosted by the aforementioned hags who yelled at us and said we didn't say "moving forward" and "backing out" loud enough.
The following is a transcript of the conversation that ensued:
Hag #1: You are going to have to do that again.
Christy and Jos (simultaneously): AGAIN!, WHAT?
Hag #1: You didn't say "moving forward" and "backing out"
Christy and Jos (simultaneously): Yes, I did!
Hag #2: No you didn't; I didn't hear you
Jos: I DID say that.
Hag #1: You will have to do that again.
Christy: AGAIN!?
Hag #1: well.... do you have to leave....
Christy: AGAIN!?
Hag #2: They didn't say it so we could hear it.
Christy (growing indignant): We have to do it again?
Jos: I DID say that.
Hag #1: well, I guess if you have to go...
Hag #2: I was saying it for you so you would remember to say it... I kept saying it so you would hear me.... blah.. blah...blah... blah
Jos: I DID say it... maybe you didn't hear it because YOU were drowning me out!
Christy: AGAIN?!
*thus ends this transcript*
Needless to say.. we did NOT put out another fire and we now have two enemies in our CERT class... sigh... but it was freaking hilarious. But the funniest remains that Hag #2 did not hear my (ok, a little rude) comment about her drowning me out becuase she was STILL drowning me out...
FUN at CERT class...
No comments:
Post a Comment