official death of my bamboo plant










(this isn't my plant...just a pic i found of one that looks much like him..sigh)

It’s a sad day…my bamboo plant is officially dead. He was a hardy little guy living for about 4.5 years. I got him on my graduation day from Moody. My family and I went down to Chinatown to celebrate and I bought him at one of those little shops. He has been though quite a lot in the last few years. He moved to fisher, ft. wayne, indy, and then up here to wheaton. He also survived a near mutilation by my cat as well-but just ended up with some battle scars on his leaves. Today I looked at him and noticed there was not one green part left on him-I then came to the realization that he was dead. So..i took him out of his cute little pot and put him in the trash. Now the cute little pot w/ blue Chinese drawings sits empty on my desk. He wasn’t supposed to have too much direct sunlight and I didn’t realize that these last few days he had been sitting quite directly in the sun-so it may have been my fault that was brought to this sad end. Maybe I’ll buy a new one someday to replace my hearty little friend or maybe a bonsai tree-I think they are so cute! I tried growing one from this little kit I got-it didn’t work.

Tomm I am going downtown and hang out with nikki-should be fun and she will come back with me sat night so we can go to church together. Tonight I am planning on watching Cars. I bought it cause I hadn’t seen it, yet I really like those types of movies so I figured I would enjoy it. I guess you could call it an impulse buy. I watched the first ½ hour yesterday and really liked it-so I am looking quite forward to watching the rest.

No comments: