2.20.07-R.I.P. Sea Monkey Colony












It was a sad morning in my little corner of the world. I have been debating thefate of my lone sea monkey. Yep-there has only been 1 sea monkey in the “tank”for a couple of months now. This lone Sea Monkey has no means to reproduce sothere is no way for the colony to replenish itself. I have been holding out...hoping some magic eggs would hatch with some little monkeys, but alas-none. As I was staring lovingly at my lone friend I decided I couldn’t take his loneliness anymore-all by himself in this nasty tank-no mate, no children, no pool parties (as the sea monkey book states the Sea Monkey Colony resembles). He was all alone. I came to the decision to stop trying to harvest my sea monkey colony. It was time for this little fellow to move onto the next life. I took the long, solemn walk down the hallway with my little friend, said a little prayer (not really-I’m just saying that for the sake of the story) and dumped him in the toilet. I couldn’t bear to just pour him down the sink-I wanted him to possibly have some chance to continue to live his life. As I flushed the toilet I thought of the new existence he might be able to live. Sea Monkeys love algae-now was the best opportunity of his life-swimming among TONS of algae & waste! Well, in all reality he probably died once he hit the toilet water b/c it wasn’t formulated with his special Sea Monkey Purifier. Such is life. BUT I still like to think that as he was “flushed away” he started a journey like that little rat in that movie “Flushed Away”. It seemed from the previews that the rat discovered a whole new world in the sewer. I like to think that my Sea Monkey is now swimming happily among other like friends in this new world.

This day will go down in history-the day I had to say goodbye to my Sea Monkey colony. (Actually this is the 2nd time I have said adios to a Sea Monkey colony).

So, to my loyal Sea Monkeys who have been with me day in and day out for the last year or maybe a little less-I will miss you and your little algae filled tank and watching you happily swimming around your little “Beach” themed home..sigh..R.I.P.

1 comment:

sneakyfeline said...

I will pray that your little guy had a swift, smoothe, sweet flush, and that now he is algea heaven, having happy love with the ladies.

Peace to you ;)