Yeah....it really wasn't as bad as it sounds.....and I have pictures below to prove it...videos are posted below...
CICADA TIME!!
My french buddy JS has been all about hunting/cooking up some cicadas to eat. After all, they only come out every 17 years. So....we went cicada hunting this eve. We gathered about 20 in a tupperware and took them over to Jocelyns. JS decided to fry them up in a little oil. I was rather leary about it but thought...hmmm...maybe I will try one. JS took the plunge first and dipped it in some ketchup and was actually somewhat surprised with how good it tasted. All of a sudden I gave in and ate one!! Honestly-it wasn't that bad at all!! It was so fried that it kinda just crunched in my mouth. I dipped it in a little bit of ketchup (even though i hate ketchup-i needed something to cover it in case it tasted bad). BUT...Jocelyn was not quite as daring this time so we decided to gather even MORE cicadas so she could join in the fun. We went out and grabbed about 50 more of them. If you grab them by both their wings they are easy to just throw in a jar. We came back, fried them up and Jos tried one!!! She was also pleasantly surprised. JS ate the rest...yeah...about 50 of them. Not sure how his stomach will handle it-but thats not my problem to worry about:)
Yeah....it really wasn't as bad as it sounds.....and I have pictures below to prove it...videos are posted below...








Yeah....it really wasn't as bad as it sounds.....and I have pictures below to prove it...videos are posted below...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought you were a vegetarian. You cicada killer.
i do not classify insects as meat....;)
Post a Comment