death in the ant farm & amazing little sprout transformation!

folks, there is no simpler way to put it then my ants are succumbing to an untimely and sad death. YEP-there are only about 2 alive and I think they are barely making it-they seem quite lethargic and unhappy. Yet again, thats probably how I would feel if I was stuck in an obnoxious plastic thing with a bunch of dead people around me. I am quite saddened at this state of affairs here on my desk. I figured they would last at least a month but its looking like only 3 weeks will be the full life of some of these little punks. I am thinking of purchasing the gel ant farm next. The gel contains the nutrients and everything the little ants need-maybe i didn't feed them enough? Maybe they were just a crappy bunch of ants or maybe its just how it goes with ant farm ants. Who knows-but they are all expiring right before my eyes. Here is a picture I found of a thriving, ants living and loving life ant farm:













Here is what my depressing, what is supposed to be an ant farm but seems to be a burial ground, looks like (sorry its not clear-i took it with my cell phone-you still get the idea):

















Notice the dead ant bodies strewn all about like a civil war battlefield-and the fact that there are NO tunnels-not even an effort to start a tunnel?! My other office friends are quite saddened as well. They loved this new addition of life and vitality-too bad it only lasted about 2 days in all its glory-but they will miss the little guys. I will have to work on replacing them-I am thinking of other sorts of office pets I could adopt. Hermit crabs, grow-your own frog, fish, sea monkeys (for what would be the 3rd time), pet rock, venus fly trap, etc....if you have any ideas-feel free to leave me a comment...

Little Sprout!!

It has recently come to my attention that Little Sprout has not been getting much attention. Kind of like when a new child is born-the first kid feels neglected. I thought it was high time that Little Sprout had a little bit of fun and a makeover! GIRL TIME! I took Little Sprout to my favorite office friends salon-The Black Strawberry-Strawberry Shortcake and Black Panther own it-yeah, I have had this sneaking suspicion that Black Panther is semi-partial to other male black panthers-if you know what I mean. It was quite a bit clearer to me when he joined in with Shortcake at the salon-none of the other male office friends would even step foot in a salon. Needless to say he gave Little Sprout the best makeover-he knows his stuff! Ohhh..but how could I forget-first we had to go get her braces off and teeth whitened. We took the hike over to Jack the Gnome. He is a certified dentist-who would have known? He is such a quiet guy that I never knew he had so many skills. In fact, he has certification in fire fighting, childcare, animal care, & plant care. I am not sure how his little certifications transfer over to the real world-but who cares-all his certifications work just fine for the office. AND the best of all is his dental one-at least for today! He is such a kind, gentle soul and helped to ease Little Sprouts nerves. She was SO excited to get rid of her braces though-she felt they made people think she was mean and nerdy. So she has been smiling quite big ever since and dang….those teeth are shiny and straighter (kinda)!! Ok…back to the salon. Black Panther trimmed her hair, colored her toenails, and gave her a nice facial…she is looking…HHOOTTT!! Black Panther told me he would be more than willing to give me a makeover but I told him that’s not appropriate to do during work-which he understood…PLUS he is like 3 inches tall-how the heck is he supposed to give me a makeover-it would never work. Little Sprout is now feeling like a brand new amm…plant, I guess? She seems to have her self esteem and happiness back-just like old times! I must give a “shout out” to Ben for this Little Sprout makeover idea-he told me he thought she needed to get her braces off….and he was right-what would I ever do without him? I would definitely be lost in this big world…..actually in all reality I would be lost-lost in my sad, solo, all alone world which I plan on NEVER returning to…. sharing a world with someone is possibly one of the greatest parts of life….I also can't forget about the new eyelashes! Rita helped Little Sprout with those beauties...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think sprout is evil. i think he killed the ants. Sprout needs to go.

Unknown said...

yeah...you might be right..but sprout has had a wondrous transformation!!

Anonymous said...

Someday your little children are going to love the fact that you tell the most ridiculous stories. Then they'll become teenagers and think that you are stupid. But at least when they're two and three, you are really going to be able to entertain them.

Unknown said...

HA! they will always love them...they will be begging me to tell them stories...even up to their high school years..or not..my gpa always had imaginary friends and stories.. but i guess he gave up telling them to me when i got older! HA