fireworks with the masses

yep....the masses. i went downtown for fireworks last night. i parked, hopped on the el and met up with Matt and Sarah around 6/6:30. We then proceeded to sit there until 9:30....PATIENTLY waiting for them to start. My buddy Josh and I just sat and talked pretty much the whole time and complained about how long it was taking them to start....the show was pretty good though..so it was worth the wait AND with all the people watching you can do it makes things even better! After the 1/2 hour of fireworks we walked with the rest of the million people to the el. We hopped on a little earlier than most of the people and made it back home in pretty good time....tonight i am going to another fireworks show out here with Jocelyn....at least there won't be millions of people to push around.....craziness. When I am in those crowds and have people touching me and hitting me I just try not to think about the fact that some strangers hand just grazed my butt, but rather just put it out of my mind..I have included some lovely firework footage for your viewing pleasure AND a video of the cutest little girl in the world....

I also was brought to the realization that I have really been slacking on you poor faithful blog readers!! I told you I would keep you updated on my ants and I have done nothing of the sort!! AHHHH...As of yesterday they seemed to continue enjoying carrying pieces of dirt/sand around in their little home. I was under the impression they are supposed to be tunneling but I have seen nothing of the sort.....i guess i got a lazy bunch. I will try to remember to take some pictures of my buddies for you....












No comments: