(I just found out my favorite restaurant, Pockets, is now open in Lombard-which is pretty close....I am SO super excited...will definitely be eating that for dinner!!)
I went to see Ben this weekend in Massachusetts and it was quite delightful and wonderful. I flew into Albany and then went to MA. 2 states I have never been to before-exciting. We went to a park with a pretty waterfall-it was a slightly bizarre experience because of the weirdos. There were some girls totally sunbathing in their bikinis on the rocks by the waterfall pool (there are pictures below). This was odd because there were lots of people around and they chose this random spot to tan….well, I think they chose it for all the world to see them. There were also some odd guys who jumped in the little pool of water and then attempted to climb up the slippery rocks of the waterfall making no progress. They kept trying and it was quite amusing to watch. So…even though there were masses of people and it wasn’t the most quiet spot-it still made for very entertaining times.
When I flew back last night there were these 2 kids and their dad sitting across the aisle from me and the dad had to keep telling them to be quiet-it made me laugh. He eventually ended up sitting between them-which brought back many memories from my childhood-the endless fights I liked to start with Nikki. BUT the best part of the whole flight was when the dad fell asleep and the kids took the opportunity to pull down his tray table, put headphones on his head and plug their headphones into his headphone jack so the cord stretched all the way over him…he eventually woke up and was rather annoyed-it was so funny…planes and airports always make for interesting studies of people….on the way there I sat by this man who supposedly drank 4 beers before getting on and just had to make sure he went to the bathroom before we started flying…bizarre
Oohh..and how could I EVER forget this-I had to go through the “Puff Portal” as I have heard it called…..yep..I like that its called a “Portal”-its kinda like I was going somewhere special only NOT. Yeah-I have now been selected twice for extra security..is it me or is it just random luck? Who knows-but its annoying. When I was in Portland 2 years ago I had to get the pat down and they had to look all through my suitcase and all this stuff. So…yesterday I eagerly stepped into the “Puff Portal” and experienced the fun-or the lack there of. I guess it wasn’t that bad-just high powered puffs of air but I was instructed to hold my “blouse” down because it might blow up.
So it was a great weekend…I didn’t really want to come home, but I guess you can’t stay away forever….this upcoming weekend I am going home to the flatlands of central Illinois to visit the fam. My Great Aunt Ruth is in town-I haven’t seen her for like 6 years or something..I’m looking forward to it. BUT for now its packing and moving time…AHH!!!! Actually-I am looking forward to moving to this townhouse-a bigger room, more area in general. I will now have lived in an apartment, house, & townhouse during my time here in Wheaton-how exciting….and I am back with Mindy again! It seems that every other year we live with each other….and its that time again!





1 comment:
i'm glad you had a good time. i loved your stories! especially about the kids in the plane. :0)
Post a Comment