So I’m getting married in march and what do I think about that? WOW! That is a wow of excitement and also unbelief at times. Yeah-last year at this time did I ever think I would be planning a wedding or for that sake be engaged? I like how our lives hold such unexpected and exciting things-(well, sometimes they hold not so exciting things) but I always enjoy thinking back a year or so and realizing how much my life has changed and how many new things have happened to me. Yet, at the same time I wouldn’t want it any other way right now.
As I have been looking at all the gazillions of wedding ideas out there I am sometimes in disbelief with the extravagance that so many people put into their weddings. Weddings have become such a thing of show and money. Of course everyone remembers every detail of every wedding they have been to…AMM..NO! I could care less what I eat at the wedding or even what kinds of flowers the bride was carrying. The only flower arrangements I remember are from the 2 weddings I was in but any wedding I have simply attended-I couldn’t tell you a single thing. I guess that in some ways life is so much easier when you live it simply and it doesn’t take all the bells and whistles to make it worth while. First off a wedding isn’t even to show how great you are-its to show to everyone your love and commitment for the other person but today its all about the reception and how much food and alcohol you can consume for free b/c hey-the brides/grooms parents are paying for it all! All that to say I look forward to planning and figuring out how to make a wedding simple and easy-so that I can actually enjoy the day and the guests.
My favorite thing about my upcoming wedding, besides marrying Ben, will be having it in my Grandpas old church. Ever since he started preaching there I told myself I would get married there. I had always hoped for him to marry me, but since that is impossible I am thankful I can at least get married in his little country church. Every time I go to church there I can still picture him up front and I don’t think it will be any different the day of my wedding-which makes me so very happy-its just as much a home church to me as my own.
1 comment:
What a sweet little church! I loved what you wrote about it, as well as about your g'pa...made me cry! You are such a welcome addition to our family. I'm so glad you'll be our daughter-in-love.
Love you,
Christi (the other one!)
Post a Comment