fish oil.....ick

I have a psycho stomach. It gets upset over everything! Much like my immune system-it doesn’t like to do its job properly.Once its upset and off track-well then I just have to deal with it being that way for a few days/weeks. I was reading some information online about possible ways to help combat this. One of them was Fish Oil so I thought…hmm, I’ll purchase some fish oil capsules. I took 2 of them this morning-as it directed and on my way to work I burped and it tasted like fish. I thought…eww….why am I burping up the salmon I ate last night ? Then I thought-wait a minute! I didn’t eat the salmon-only Nikki and Ben did. It’s the darn fish oil capsules! So I thought-weird, ok-well whatever. Yeah, now it keeps happening. Its grossing me out-burping up fish at 9:00 in the morning. .AHHH-not cool!! I am either looking for “burpless” fish oil capsules or some other remedy. Fish in the morning is not a delightful thing for me….

I think I am very sensitive to tastes. I can’t take any of those zinc tablets for colds or any airborne. The tastes of them make me want to barf-even thinking about taking them I can’t handle it. I can’t handle cherry cough drops, even Nyquil. I guess its all these things I have taken when I have been sick-so maybe it reminds me of being sick but ewww…the thought of any of those makes me want to run to the nearest trash can and barf.

Now aren’t you glad you took the time to read this blog entry about my stomach? On a happier/not so gross note-I am leaving work at noon today and heading to my parents house for the week! A glorious week of no work…..we have lots of wedding things to do-which will be fun. I am getting married in …..77 days! Wow…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Christy,

You CAN get enteric-coated fish oil! It's available at Sam's. Someone told us that if you freeze the fish oil you won't taste it; however, it still did to Frank. Good luck w/that!