vulnerability

Vulnerable-that’s what I have decided to name my immune system. I am convinced it is vulnerable to any and every sickness going around. I was sick-what? 3 weeks ago? And guess what? I’m sick again!! Sore throat, body aches, runny nose..What do I say to my immune system (IS) about this?

Me: “ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Could you keep up with the demands of my life a little better? Could you possibly actually do your job and keep me from getting every cold in existence?”

IS: “Sorry Christy-when you expose yourself to things at work (hello, you work with students-lots of them), at the Y & the walking track, with your Sunday school students and any other place you frequent-how can I keep you from getting sick?”

Me: “Ok immune system, I get it, I get it-just because I like to live and do things- you are blaming me for the fact that YOU can’t fight off these things?”

IS: “Christy-stop blaming me-you know I can’t fight it off when you don’t get enough rest or sleep-if you weren’t so busy all the time this wouldn’t happen-so LAY OFF!”

Me: “There you go again! I try to get sleep-my brain just loves to keep busy all night and won’t calm down enough to give me a restful sleep…BRAIN! …..I guess I need to get on her case too…ahhh!!”

IS: “Yeah…no kidding-stop blaming me for this all”

Me: “Ok, I’m sorry-but I am drinking some mint tea with honey right now and ingesting mucho amounts of Tylenol-this really should be helping you!”

IS: “I guess only time will tell”

Me: “What kind of answer is that?....that doesn’t give me any comfort”

IS: “That’s just the way life goes”

Me: “AHHHHH!”

See the ridiculousness I have to deal with?! As long as this is gone by Friday I’ll be ok. In the mean time…it makes me mad….I guess I am not alone b/c a couple friends are sick and 2 of my co-workers as well….BUT that doesn’t mean I also need to be…. so....i sit here at work wallowing in my self pity and sickness and wishing I was at home, in bed, playing my nintendo ds.....

No comments: