thoughts...

So I saw a little baby crow this morning hopping around as I was walking to work..he was probably trying to figure out how to navigate this big world. He chirped at me as I walked by-I guess trying to scare me off..but it wasn't really that intimidating. Then I came upon a dead bird on the side of the road and then a broken robins egg! All on one street-life and death right there in front of me. I always get so sad when I see a beautiful blue robins egg smashed on the ground. I guess it just makes me realize how life can be so short and how each day is such a gift. I keep forgetting that. I take my days for granted just trying to get through them until the weekend or the next exciting thing I might have planned. I never take the time to dwell on the goodness of one day or moments of the day. I think its hard to look at life that way-one day at a time-when you also have so much of the big picture in front of you. You don't necessarily know how the big picture will work out but you know of possibilities.

I so often put my life in a little box and expect it to work out exactly how the little box says-everything at the expected time or point and that's not how my box is designed. I constantly have to remind myself that my box is not the same as others nor will it ever be the same-my timing is different and specific to my life. For that I am thankful for, but easily forget.

I have also realized how blessed I am with friends. I have been realizing lately that God has blessed me such amazing friends and friendships and so many of them! I am so thankful. I look around and notice some people don't have that and I am so grateful. .so if you are my friend..thanks! you are amazing and I am so thankful for you.

ok..i am also struggling with the killing of that terrorist today. it hurts me so much to see people react in joy over the death of a human being-i just cant watch it or deal with it. how do we think we are any better than this man? no, we havent killed people, but our sins are no different than his -we ar NO better than him and in that case we deserve death as much as him. How is taking his life any different than him taking the lives of others? Its not-its still murder-be it one or many- God loves these people and he has created them. I just think of how painful it must be for God to see a man like that stray away and turn to evil ways and how much God doesn't want that for that mans life-and yet he still loves him and hurts so deeply for him...anyways....i know i am in a small minority on this whole issue and i dont try to push my beliefs on anyone-to each their own. But it literally makes my heart ache to hear this news and see our nation be so proud of such an act of killing.

1 comment:

kermama said...

Thanks for helping put things into perspective...