
Then we went downtown and met up with trish and brooke and went shopping and hung out..it was a beautiful day-until it started raining in the late afternoon. On my way home from matt and sarahs I stopped at meijers to buy wasp spray….because…as I was getting dressed that morning I saw a wasp on my window sill….so I killed it and then I saw another and he flew like towards my screen and got outside so I was like..hmmm…that’s a little fishy. I went to investigate and to my awful surprise there was a pretty good size wasp nest INSIDE my screen-so basically INSIDE my room!! AHHH..i about died..so I slammed my window shut. …that eve after purchasing the wasp spray I went outside at about 10 pm with my flashlight.While all my wasp friends were quietly sleeping..I sprayed the foam stuff and it went like 20 ft and COVERED my screen…they all died.... and there was much rejoicing..i counted them in my window sill later..ok…a rough count-30!! AHHH..it was awful..at least I solved that problem and all by myself…chalk one up for christy!
so yesterday Luke and I went up to WI to the Milwaukee Mile. It rocked my world!! It was a pretty good race….dan sucked like none other..but it was good despite that…we were right by the start/finish line so as they were announcing the drivers and I saw them all down there…it was great….got pictures..if only I could have jumped the fence to go see dan…anyways..so yeah..it was awesome. Lukes friends that live up there made supper for us..SO good..so that was pretty cool too. Now I have to count down the days until September when I go to my next, and the last of the series, race at Chicagoland-sad day for that….so yeah..i got a little sunburnt but not bad..its all worth it-it turns into a tan later and as you all know -I am all for being tan.
I also realized a line in a hymn that I love. First off I LOVE hymns. I love them way more than praise music. The words are all so meaningful to me and so beautifully written. There is always such meaning behind the verses. Not that praise songs don’t have meaning-I just get tired of singing the same lyrics over and over and I think they become just something to sing after awhile…not as meaningful…so my favorite line that I just “re-discovered” is below…
Jesus Paid It All
I hear the Savior say, “Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all.”
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
That first line has really stuck with me the last few days…so good….ok..below are photos of my race day and a few videos …enjoy
Dan on his scooter....





No comments:
Post a Comment