So I think its amazing how the whole amish school shooting has been such a testament of forgiveness/peace. I found this article on CNN today..here is part of it:
PARADISE, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- A grieving grandfather told young relatives not to hate the gunman who killed five girls in an Amish schoolhouse massacre, a pastor said on Wednesday.
"As we were standing next to the body of this 13-year-old girl, the grandfather was tutoring the young boys, he was making a point, just saying to the family, 'We must not think evil of this man,'" the Rev. Robert Schenck told CNN.
"It was one of the most touching things I have seen in 25 years of Christian ministry."
The girl was one of 10 shot by Charles Carl Roberts IV after he invaded their one-room schoolhouse in rural Pennsylvania on Monday.
Its so awesome to me how something like this can be used to show the rest of the world what forgiveness and peace looks like. This is how I believe it should be in our world- I guess I am one of a small percentage out here though. We are called to forgive those who do evil, to turn the other cheek-not to want revenge and kill them. I find it so interesting how the man says: "It was one of the most touching things I have seen in 25 years of Christian ministry." In 25 yrs??? It is so sad that our world is so full of hate towards each other. It shouldn’t be something you have never seen-it should be how you live your daily life- committed to peace. This man did something sad awful-yes, but there are no grounds for hate, only forgiveness. So..it just struck me as such an awesome thing-that CNN was highlighting the fact of not hating this man for what happened. How crazy that it has to be the highlight of their front page article…wow…..I am not trying to say whoever reads my blog (if that’s anyone at all) -“You must believe in peace and non-violence!” Nope-its simply what I believe and how I have decided to live my life. But I am thankful for others to catch this glimpse of this “way of life”
On another note….our power was finally back on at about 5:30 pm yesterday….the poor people below us..their apt is pretty much done for…they had a generator running and pumping out water from about 10 am-7:30 pm and there was still a smaller one running in the basement this morn…crazy…all the water was being pumped to the “retention” area on the lot next to us. Our neighbors on both sides and the Orthodox church 1 door down were all running generators and pumping out water-crazy. I went to get my bike from the basement and everything, including the bikes, were strewn about-so sad! I also got my laundry detergent, which was like on a shelf about the height of the washer and it was all soaked..i had it in a container…the oxi clean was pretty much a big hunk of solid oxi clean-that is some major water. So…the worst part of today was my shower. The hot water heater is, obviously, not working-probably a result of being soaked in like 3 feet of water. Anyways…so I go in and it is FFFFRRREEZZZIINNGG..so cold it gave me a headache..i had to wash up real fast and then rinse off and just put my head over the bathtub to get my hair clean….it was pretty sucky…but im sure not as sucky as the people below us having no place to live-so sad!
So my mom is coming this weekend to hang out. Nik is running a 5k in Oak Park on Sunday, so we are gonna go watch her..should be a fun weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment