rain rain go away

wow…what an eve…there was torrential rain around here..it was crazy…the grassy area next to my apt was full…looked like a pond..i guess it is a retention area…crazy. Our power went out about 9:30 and has been out ever since-but I realized this morning that the power had been turned off. The basement apartment flooded. When I walked outside this morning there was water up to the 2nd to top step of the stairwell leading to the basement..probably about 5 feet deep. I guess the water was waste deep in the basement apartment and now our downstairs neighbors have to find a new place to live-poor people! I feel so bad for them! They hauled stuff up to the 3rd floor apt above us, but things they couldn’t move got ruined-awful! Anyways…so not sure what this means for my little apt. building, but what can you do-can’t really stop rain I guess….its supposed to rain more tonight too!! AHHHHH!!

so I am so very saddened by the amish school shooting yesterday. My heart hurts for those people. They have stayed separate from society and on their own, but now its like our worlds blended together. I also feel sad for them knowing their non-violent, peaceful beliefs. I, obviously being a mennonite, have much of the same beliefs and I am sure this has to be so very hard for them. Yet, violence is all over our world and we have to stay true to our beliefs and convictions. Now they have been thrust into the media spotlight, which is not a place they like to be. Pictures are being taken, they are being filmed-im sure that has to make it doubly tough....its so sad...

anyways..im already having a hard time concentrating on work today! I feel bad that I didn’t get up to help the neighbors last night. I should have offered for them to put stuff in our apt and not just the upstairs apartment. Here I laid in bed last night wondering why they were making all that noise and trying to sleep and here they were in such an awful plight, but I had no clue what was going on there….sigh….

No comments: