smokies = AMAZING

im back...from the rolling mountains of TN. I had a great weekend-it was great to spend some awesome time with beth and greg just hanging out AND we went hiking-which everyone knows i absolutely LOVE!!! It was beautiful.

on friday troy and i went up the newfound gap road-and it was SO misty! We could see all of NOTHING ness ahead of us. But that had its own beauty itself. I loved the thick mist-so think you almost couldnt clearly see people that were maybe 4 feet from you-it was cool. there was also a large amount of snow around there. So we took that road all the way across to Cherokee-an Indian reservation and then we took it back across again to meet up with beth and greg

on saturday we hiked to a waterfall-Laurel Falls- which was gorgeous and the weather was also gorgeous. It was about 65 both Saturday and Sunday-65!! in the middle of January-so amazingl After the waterfall we took this about 5 mile round trip to some bluffs WAY up on this mountain. in fact I read it was 1,000 some feet. It was alot of uphill and i felt for sure I was going to die-but I made it and dang-it was worth it. The view was amazing. I love how amazing God is and all the "majesticness" he has created in the world. I am always in such awe when I see mountains and the such. Needless to say the trip downhill was much better than the trip up-the hike that is. So i was pretty tired after that and my legs STILL hurt. Probably because I never exercise and this was the most walking I had done in quite awhile. i must say the funniest thing i saw on saturday were these southern kids sledding/snowboarding on this tiny little pile of snow in the parking lot at the overlook-desperate for snow i guess:)

Sunday we went to church and then out to eat. After that we went up another mountain to a look out which offered a specatular view of the smokies and Maryville-where Beth and Greg live. It was so clear and was almost like you could see for miles! BEAUTIFUL!!

Today troy and i drove back to snowy, cold illinois. the weather was so great down south that i did not want to return. but i have to face weather someday i guess





























































































No comments: