I had a dr. appt. last night. I was really looking for some answers about my many stomach problems AND why I seem to get sick so often. I had this Dr. that I hadn’t seen before. No problem-she had my charts-she could help me. Gee, I was really wrong! She was the worst Dr. I have gone to in a long time. I told her my problems and she said: you need to cut dairy out of your diet for 1 month. WHAT? I get lots of my protein from dairy and it’s a daily part of my food intake. So, I’m like-ok, whatever. She also gave me a prescription for something-not sure if it will work but we will find out. From there she proceeded to tell me that one reason I am getting sick is because I don’t exercise 30 mins. a day. “You need to have a well-rounded lifestyle. Healthy eating (check), good sleep (half check), exercise (ammm, I walk up the stairs at work and to the bathroom-does that count?) and (here is the kicker) a good relationship with God. All of those things combined will help you to live a healthier life and help your immune system” ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What kind of Drs office did I come to? She said “most adults have 2-4 colds a year so you are probably just right” OK-NO! I seem to get something at least every month! That isn’t just 2-4 times. I even said –“is it because I don’t eat meat-do I need to make sure im getting the correct vitamins?” “Nope-it isn’t a meat problem at all-its exercise” So I guess all of my problems-stomach and immune will be solved with exercise? Gee..how did I not know of this before? PLEASE! Good thing my insurance covers well and I only had to waste $10-but still $10 for no answers.
Now I need to find another Dr. who will listen to me and maybe try to help? Sigh..what a day.
My last 3 days have been whirlwinds with Drs appts, class, esl, and tonight after work I have a meeting about the Spring Break trip and then have to rush off to class. Tomorrow I have to get my oil changed and go grocery shopping-since that’s the only day I have free. Friday I think ill go to matt and sarahs, go to the science and industry museum on Saturday and watch the Bears win on Sunday. AHHHHHH! my life is getting busier by the second!
No comments:
Post a Comment