hair

I am so glad its Friday. This week has been kinda weird and I have been feeling like a cold has been coming on the last 2 days. I think its this whacko weather. It can’t seem to make up its mind-which is annoying. Last night I went to my friends house in Aurora. I haven’t seen them since we graduated from Moody in 2002. Sarah and I were both in El. Ed and took lots of classes together. It was really good to see them but also kind of bizarre. They have 2 little boys and I love kids but it was just strange b/c my life is totally in a different spot than theirs. I have no kids, no husband, no house, etc. We had lots to talk about but it was still different. I just keep realizing how my life and many of my friends lives are just changing as life moves on, marriages happen, babies are born-its crazy.

I have a jam packed weekend yet again-sometimes I feel like I go non-stop-but at the same time I enjoy being busy-so I guess there is a balance there somewhere. Tonight im hanging out with a friend, tomm going to Matt and Sarahs, picking up Nikki, bringing her back with me, going to church, hanging out with Nikki and then taking her back-AHHH-but its all good!

So I was reading this random book online from the early 1900s and in one of the chapters it said this:

"How pretty your hair is, Elsie," said Caroline, winding the glossy ringlets around her finger. "I wish you'd give me one of these curls. I want to get a bracelet made for mamma, and she thinks so much of you, and your hair is such a lovely color, that I am sure she would be delighted with one made of it."

A bracelet-out of hair? Are you kidding me? The worst part is that later on in the story she cuts off one of her “ringlets” and gives it to the girl and gee, the girl couldn’t be more happy to take it and make a bracelet. Maybe I should try to bring this back-people can donate ringlets of their curly hair and I can make beautiful hair bracelets or not. Yuck

No comments: