Office Friends















These are my little office friends. I decided to name them Romeo & Juliet-because I think they make a great little couple and I imagine their little relationship to be rocky and bizarre. Someone down the hall at work gave them to me. They were from a funeral arrangement. Maybe I should call them Death Birds. Yet, Romeo & Juliet did succumb to a sad demise so maybe the names fit just fine. Anyways….today they are sitting by my window and I looked over and they just look so cute and real in their little nest. So.. I decided to dedicate this blog entry to them. Romeo & Juliet-if only you were real and could fly around my office, land on my shoulder, tweet sweet little notes in my ear and be my little forest friends. For now I guess I’ll just have to imagine…WAIT -I should make a blog about all my little office friends …so here goes…














This is my elephant. I named him South Africa because that is where he hails from. My buddy Fritz gave him to me. I think sometimes South Africa likes to take little safaris around the savannah that is my desk. He likes to check out what’s happening in the office and he keeps tabs on my other office buddies. Sometimes they get out of line and South Africa always snaps them back into shape.

















This is Little John. He is supposed to hold open my door but doesn’t always take his job seriously. I often find him lying down on the job behind the door-that does NO good for a door stop. He likes to stand (when he does stand) and sweep the floor with his little broom. It seems that he only sweeps about an inch around him though-I guess that happens when you are a stationary object.














These are my Peeps. SO cute. I love Easter peeps and they love me. They go by Chick & Bunny. Pretty original-huh? Yeah…they picked those names out themselves. They keep guard of my door during the Easter season-which is only about 2 more weeks. After that they like to go into solitude until next season. They are pretty special friends, considering I only see them about once a year.
















This is Jack. Jack the gnome. He has always taken a prominent position next to my door. He is so nosy-always checking out what’s going on in the office and trying to hear the newest gossip. He likes to stand up high on his little rock to make sure he has the best view of everything. Jack and I don’t talk much because he is always way too busy people watching. But he does have a pretty little basket of flowers that he picked about 2 years ago-I’m not sure what his secret is to keeping them fresh for so long….















This is Sea Spray. She is commonly known as a “My Little Pony” in the toy world. In my office she is simply Sea Spray. Sea Spray is often forgotten about because she just hangs out by the books. I think she likes to read but it isn’t like I have the best selection of books to choose from. I often see her checking out “The Book of Lists” or sometimes “How to get along with people at work”.















Let me introduce you to Lucky. Lucky arrived here on my birthday last year from a very special friend. She likes to go around the office to give all my other friends little tidbits of luck. She has a special note in her little bag that says: Make every day a fun new adventure filled with laughter. Good Luck! Lucky likes to remind me of this often. She is such a sweet little office friend. I also enjoy her pigtails-I make her wear her hair like that because I think its cute. I’m pretty sure she has a huge crush on Mr. Rogers. She likes to stand next to his framed record album and stare lovingly into his eyes-I don’t think she realizes he is just a record album or that he has been dead for a few years. Whatever-it would never have worked out anyways-she is a troll and he is a human.
















These are my race car friends. They represent my favorite race car driver Dan Wheldon-well 2 of them. The other race car driver I really dislike-but it’s a cute car. They like to take laps around the desk. So far all accidents have been averted-which is good because I don’t have time to rebuild their race cars if they wreck.















Last but not least-Strawberry Shortcake. I often forget about this delicate little princess. She sits behind me and enjoys her reign over my files. Strawberry doesn’t interact much with the rest of the office friends but she still plays an important role in the dynamics of my office. I think she is actually really stuck up. Being a princess and all she thinks she deserves everything. I have thought about banishing her to the drawer of ex-office friends.















Oh, you are wondering who my ex-office friends are? Well…they would include: Gumby, Pokey, Gumbys girlfriend, Storm Trooper, Moses, Mary, Brain, Jack O’Lantern, Devil Duck, and Passion the Pony. These little guys have all been stars in my office at one point. I have either become bored with them or they have annoyed me so they are banished to the drawer. I really like Gumby and his clan but there are no openings in the office friends right now-so he is just sitting tight in the drawer until his number is called. He has Pokey and his girlfriend to keep him company so I’m sure he is doing alright. Moses and Mary got on my nerves and I thought they were dorky so they took a little trip to the land of the drawer and will probably never be welcomed back out here the office

So…there you go…my office friends. This is the lovely crowd I get to work with every day! They make my life brighter and give me something to look forward to whenever I come to work. Ok-maybe I could care less about them-but it wouldn’t be a funny blog entry if I really cared for them-it would actually be pretty freaky.

No comments: