Yesterday Jos and I left for our annual voyage to Indy for Pole Day! This year it was not raining and it was SO nice out! We did our stop at Walmart and picked up donuts and lunch and then we booked it to Indy. We got their just in time to catch some of the drivers coming through the media area-which rocked-i got some nice views of Dan Wheldon. I love Pole Day b/c you can get right up close to everything and everyone-it rocks! Ashley Judd was even there with her her race car husband and she smiled at Jos....it made her day-Jos now thinks they are kindred spirits. I, on the other hand, just had strange guys smile and talk to me. I seemed to somehow make friends with this strange guy waiting to get autographs-I tried to ignore him most of the time-but it didnt really work. So....we walked around a bit, stopped by the Chip Ganassi merchandise trailer and then sat down and enjoyed all the awesome racing. Pole Day is awesome b/c you can sit wherever you want and pretty much walk wherever and yeah-its so fun. There were some strange sites in the stands though. Odd couples nuzzling and kissing and another couple enjoying a lunch of shrimp and beer-always a classic. After the races we stopped at Cracker Barrel and then headed home. The worst part of the day happened about 20 mins from home. The WORST traffic jam ever-seriously-it was awful. It took us 1 hour to go 1 mile. We were dying-all we wanted to do was get home. Anyways...enjoy the pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment