honda time!

yesterday was "time to visit the cushy honda dealer day"! I had to get my oil changed. So, I picked up my French buddy JS (i forgot his birthday was on Wednesday and so I had to make it up to him) and we headed over to Honda. It was a nice little adventure- funny people in the waiting room enjoying the leather recliners-I got some secret pictures of all the fun action. The old man sitting next to JS was jealous when he noticed he could recline the recliner (geee, is that why they call them recliners?). He informed his female companion that "this nice young man" had taught him something new-how the recliners work. I was laughing inside.

After that we went to Chipotle and celebrated his birthday with some burritos and chips & guacamole..SO YUMMY and I didn't get an upset stomach this time! (usually chipotle burritos like to do strange and bizzare things to my belly)

Jocelyn was cat sitting in Glen Ellyn so we headed over there next to watch TV and hang out with her and the cats. First we had to check out the crazy cicadas though. I am so thankful that Wheaton seems to have somehow escaped the plague of the 17 year cicadas- but Glen Ellyn has not been so lucky. They are SO loud and SO yucky and SO everywhere!! Just standing under one of the trees they were crawling on my feet, falling off the trees on me-ewwwww!! So gross!! Bugs and spiders usually don't bother me at all, but when they are falling on you, dive bombing you, crawling on you...then they bother me.

I am going to my parents for the weekend and I am super duper excited to see them and my grandma. I packed a bunch of stuff in my car this morning-kitchen table (not the whole big table-it comes apart), kitchen chairs, coffee table-yep all in the little civic-so I am ready to hit the road. I have to buy a tent this weekend and Nikki and I need to get all our supplies together for Cornerstone, which is only a few weeks away-the 27-30! YEAH!! We are SO super excited.

Ok-secret pictures of the Honda dealer and cicadas below....enjoy...







No comments: