KARAOKE TIME & Facing My Fears

It is a very exciting day in the life of Christy. Ben has a playstation and I have a love of karaoke-combine those 2 and you have SingStar!! A Karaoke game for playstation. Yep, I ordered 2 microphones and the first game today-I am SO excited. AND we hooked the playstation up to the surround sound speakers-SWEEETTT!! Karaoke in surround sound-what more could a girl want??


















i went on a church retreat this weekend..to Menno Haven. This would have been a normal, no big deal retreat but the fact that it was at Menno Haven was the part that was funny. When I was in 3rd grade I went to Menno Haven for a 3 day camp. It was the worst experience of my life. I was so homesick I cried at meals, in the pool, in the bathroom, in the boats, in my bed..everywhere! I didn't ever stop crying. I was essentially away from my parents for 1 full day anyways. So, Menno Haven has always been a little bit of a joke in our family. This weekend I faced those fears and returned for the church retreat. (in all reality I have no fears of it-I am way over it-but its funny that I did at one time). The church retreat was good. We camped, canoed (well, Ben did all the work for this), sat by the campfire, went on a hay rack ride minus the hay-good times. Last night I went to Oak Park to hang out with Ben and while I was getting off on the Harlem exit I was behind a clown vehicle-and yep, there were clowns driving it which made it even more funny! I love when I come across funny things like that….




No comments: