weary

Sometimes life makes me tired and weary. There are days I am so worn out that I desire any sort of little rest and relaxation I can get. As soon as I have that rest and relaxation the tiredness cycle starts all over again. I think life is just that way-we are busy people, life is busy, work is busy-you can’t just sit and relax because you continue to think about all the things you have to do and that offers no rest-only worry about when you will get them done or when you will find the time. I like my life to be busy, I like to stay occupied and I actually like that life takes work-you don’t just sail through. I find that these times of tiredness and being overwhelmed always sneak up in my life when I am at my low points. I believe that faith and trust are the 2 biggest things when it comes to my relationship with Christ. They are such easy ideas but so hard to implement in life-just trust, just have faith! Amm, yeah-great idea-But sometimes it isn't that easy. Every time I feel that I have reached that threshold of full trust/faith I get knocked back down again. Of course, the more I trust the harder the oppression against me will be. Life would be so much easier if I could simply let go of it all, but I never can-I always try to hold on to the last little bit so that I can make everything work out the way I want-which is not what I actually NEED. I read one time how our faith is like a mailbox-we put our letters in a mailbox entrusting them to be delivered. We never question if they will make it there safely and in one piece-but they do. This is how we need to live our lives-putting all our struggles and trials in the “mailbox” and not touching them again-they will be taken care of-there is no problem there. I have witnessed this faith/trust in my life numerous times in the past and God has been/continues to be so good and gracious to me-but there are still days when it all comes down to the ever present problem of battling the weariness and simply trusting....

No comments: