passing on....

my grandfather died today...it is a sad thing- yet there is much relief in the sadness...he was so sick and life was so miserable at this point. We were constantly faced with the ups and downs of his health these last few weeks and almost waiting for this point in his life. I think the hardest thing of all will be seeing my grandmother. To think that she was married to my grandfather for so many years-the love of her life, her companion and partner in everything-is gone. i just cant imagine, at this point in my life, the hardship of that. Yet, once again you can always have ultimate hope in life and know that they are actually really lucky b/c they have finally been able to escape from all the hardships and trials of life and living on this earth.

I am not as close with this grandfather (Papa) as I was to my grandfather that died in 2003. BUT it brings back the memory of seeing him in the casket for the first time, breaking down into an uncontrollable sob and realizing that he really was gone....its just hard when the realization hits you....those are the feelings i truly dread facing again.....BUT I am also able to hold a great comfort in knowing his pain and suffering have ended and he is so much better off than any of us left here....

I am so thankful that i was blessed with and able to share 28 years of my wonderful grandfathers life....


No comments: