I LOVE CAR RACING!! The Indy 500 was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It was so much fun! I went with my dad-great father-daughter bonding time. We woke up at the bright early time of 7 am to get going by 8 and to get there at 9-yeah, my dad likes to be early and WAY on time. My mom dropped us of a couple miles away and we walked to the track. People were out in droves already. There were all these people drinking beer and cooking brats at 9 am!! GROSS!! Even if I did eat meat-that is still a disgusting time to be eating a disgusting greasy brat-and beer? 9 am—whatever happened to milk and cereal?? So, the atmosphere on the way there-totally funny. Lots of white trash. We finally arrived at the track and got in. My dad was so pumped-as was I .
We walked around the infield of the track and then went to the Chevy display to check out the “model” engines-I didn’t quite enjoy this time as much, but I just followed my dad around as he told me tidbits on the engines-which, once again, I didn’t really understand but listened. We walked to the pagoda and Gasoline Alley-but couldn’t see much-too many people- so we decided to go to our seats. These seats were the cheapest seats, so it was kind a gamble BUT they ROCKED! We were in the first row-so we could put all our stuff there without worrying about it falling between the bleachers and also lean up against the railing-it was great. AND we were on turn 1 and right at the place they exit the pits-SO, it rocked. We went through all the opening things and then than a voice boomed across the airwaves “Lady & Gentlemen, Start Your Engines”. Then one of the greatest noises in the world was heard-the car engines. I love the noise of loud engines-yeah, I might seem like a dork since I am a girl, but it is so great. They are so loud and powerful.
So..there they came on their first pace lap-AMAZING!! I was so excited!! And then the race started. 3 wrecks happened RIGHT in front of us! Not that wrecks are a great thing, but when you see them up close-AWESOME! There was all this annoying hype about the girl, Danica, winning. I was annoyed at that so I secretly was hoping she would NOT win. I wanted Sam Hornish Jr. to win-yeah, he wrecked right in front of us. I was quite saddened. So then I started rooting for Dan Wheldon-who I have always liked, but wasn't doing as hot at the start of the race..... but then he shot right up there-and a side note-he is SO cute. You should check out his website-SO cute. -AND HE WON!!! I wish I was some big shot in the racing world, so I could meet him-I guess that won’t be happening..sigh. Well, all in all-it was an amazing race. I have lots of race car pics-so if you want to view some- just let me know.I also was all for sure I wouldn’t get sun burnt-yeah, I was way wrong on that-I got burnt BIG TIME! I am in pain today and was yesterday as well-stupid me.
So, that was my weekend. I didn’t see as many white trash people as I thought I would see. IRL racing is a lot different than NASCAR-there aren’t at all as many trashy people attending it. I did see lots of beer flowing and lots of drunk people and also realized that many of these drunk people would be getting in their cars and driving home-such a comforting thought.
Well, what big event is up next on my agenda? Lets see, I have a doctor & dentist appt this week. Im sure the dentist will get on my case for not flossing well and for not going to the dentist the last 3 years-whatever-ill just put up with the comments all for the sake of getting these painful cavities filled.
I will be leaving for Cali on the 14th! That is for sure another big thing I CAN’T wait for. Ok, I should get back to work. I wish I was a race car driver and my work was just driving my race car all the time..alas, I am a lowly little secretary imagining myself driving a race car and all the fans cheering for me..sigh…GO CHRISTY!!!
4 comments:
It's not GENTLEMEN start your engines, it's LADY AND GENTLEMEN start your engines - GO DANICA ALL THE WAY!!!! - as the Spice Girls say: Girl Power!
Yes it is lady and gentleman, but i dont want to say lady-remember..i dont like her:)
You wish you were this cool:
http://www.danicaracing.com/
GO DANICA!
CORPSE CHRISTY!!!! (do you smell something?)
Post a Comment