not sure how i feel about this....

WARNING! This entry might be a little explicit for innocent eyes......

I was reading this book online again. It was from the 1800s and it was about this man and how his wife had died and he needed a housekeeper and what not. Anyways, as I was gingerly reading along in this book, my innocent little eyes fell upon these 2 conversations:

"Oh, certainly, certainly!" ejaculated the widow. "Repose is nature's sweet
rester, says the poet. I can see how recalling those dreadful scenes with
those peculiar females--" But he was gone.

"By jocks!" he ejaculated sympathetically, "but you have hard lines, Jim.
What in thunder would I do with two such widdy women to look after my house!"

Honestly-those lines were really in the book-it was just a simple love story from the 1800s-nothing sketchy in it at all. They never even talk about kissing in the book! I never gave it a thought that ejaculated could have another meaning like that. It makes sense I guess, b/c I am sure those characters were emphatically saying whatever they had to say-with much emotion and excitement. In fact, the first definition in my handy dandy office dictionary says: Say suddenly and briefly; explain.

Needless to say-I will not be incorporating it into my daily vocabulary. I guess if I didn’t have such a dirty/corrupted mind I probably wouldn’t even notice the weirdness of the conversations. I would like to give props out to my best friend in High School and the many Cosmo magazines I have read throughout my life for the dirt that so encompasses my innocent little mind.

On a non-explicit note-I am SO glad that it’s a 4 day work week! I have tomorrow off and will be spending it with good friends-which I am super excited about. My weekend will be filled with egg dying and Easter fun! Except this weather REALLY sucks and I hate being cold so I guess there will be no Easter Egg hunts or fun outdoor Easter activities in my itinerary. Whenever it’s cold out I just want to sit inside under a warm blanket and not go anywhere, but at the same time I get bored not going anywhere. I can’t win!

No comments: